(1) Polishing with sandpaper requires the use of soft wooden or bamboo sticks. When polishing round surface or spherical surface, the use of cork rod can better match the radian of round surface and spherical surface. The harder wood, like cherry wood, is more suitable for polishing flat surfaces. Trim the end of the wooden strip to keep it consistent with the shape of the steel surface, so as to avoid deep scratches caused by the sharp angle of the wooden strip (or bamboo strip) contacting the steel surface.
(2) When different models of sandpaper are used, the polishing direction should be changed from 45 ° to 90 °, so that the stripe shadow left by the former model of sandpaper after polishing can be distinguished. Before changing the sandpaper of different models, the polished surface must be carefully wiped with 100% pure cotton dipped with a cleaning solution such as alcohol, because a small grit left on the surface will destroy the whole polishing work. This cleaning process is also important when changing from sandpaper polishing to diamond grinding paste polishing. All particles and kerosene must be completely cleaned before polishing continues.
(3) In order to avoid scratching and burning the workpiece surface, special care must be taken when polishing with # 1200 and # 1500 sandpaper. Therefore, it is necessary to load a light load and polish the surface with two-step polishing method. When polishing with each type of sandpaper, polish twice in two different directions, and rotate 45 °~90 ° each time between the two directions.
Precautions for diamond grinding and polishing:
(1) Polishing must be carried out under light pressure as far as possible, especially for pre hardened steel parts and polished with fine grinding paste
When. When polishing with # 8000 abrasive paste, the common load is 100~200g/cm2, but it is difficult to maintain the accuracy of this load. To make it easier to do this, you can make a thin and narrow handle on the wooden strip, such as adding a copper sheet; Or cut a part of the bamboo to make it softer. This helps to control the polishing pressure to ensure that the die surface pressure is not too high
(2) When diamond grinding and polishing is used, not only the working surface is required to be clean, but also the workers' hands must be
(3) Each polishing time should not be too long. The shorter the time, the better the effect. If the polishing process is carried out too long, "orange peel" and "pitting" will be caused.
(4) In order to obtain high-quality polishing effect, polishing methods and tools that are easy to generate heat should be avoided. For example, when the polishing wheel is polished, the heat generated by the polishing wheel will easily cause "orange peel".
(5) When the polishing process stops, it is very important to ensure that the workpiece surface is clean and all abrasives and lubricants are carefully removed, and then a layer of anti rust coating of the mold should be sprayed on the surface.